As the KG 1 students at ABA are wrapping up their time with Jerry Bear, we decided to take him for a field trip to a local park. During the summative assessment outing, the students showed Jerry how independent they could be by:
- carrying their own backpacks and water bottle
- wearing their hat to keep their skin safe
- following the teacher’s rules of safety
- holding a friend’s hand through the car park and off campus
- getting on and off the bus
- putting on a seat belt
- waiting their turn on the playground
- opening and closing their own snack boxes
- throwing their garbage in the recycling bin
- using their manners with their peers and teachers
What super stars 3- and 4-year olds they are!
But as our time quickly winds down, the class is busy reflecting on their favorite activities to do with Jerry as we make a video showing his future classes some different ways they can take care of him when he visits.